Birthing center in Plantation
When you choose Plantation General Hospital for your birthing experience, you receive support every step of the way—from the earliest stages of pregnancy to postpartum care. Our expert physicians and registered nurses offer complete care for both mother and baby, ensuring optimal comfort and assisting with bonding and breastfeeding right after birth.
For more information about our labor and delivery services, please call our Consult-A-Nurse® team at (954) 321-4099.
We offer a wide range of maternity services to provide full-service care for expectant mothers and their newborn babies. Some of our services and amenities include:
- Nine labor and delivery rooms
- Six high-risk pregnancy rooms
- 17 private postpartum rooms
- OB/GYN onsite 24 hours a day, seven days a week for mothers in labor
- Prenatal care services
- Anesthesiologists available 24/7 who are dedicated to the labor and delivery department
- Celebratory dinner for new parents
- Board-certified lactation consultants who provide personalized breastfeeding support
- Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) staffed with board-certified neonatologists
- Maternity classes
- Tours of our birthing suites
- Newborn photographer available
- Ability to pre-register online for delivery
- Bonding assistance through skin-to-skin contact and rooming-in
- Postpartum care services
- Free Wi-Fi
Your choice in delivery
We respect your decisions and are highly trained in all types of deliveries. Healthgrades recognized our hospital as a Five-Star Recipient in both vaginal delivery and cesarean section (C-section) delivery. We encourage patients to speak with their doctor about birthing options early on in pregnancy. Also, we suggest new mothers consider their anesthesia preferences well in advance of their due date.
Maternity classes and tours
We provide all the resources you need to feel safe and comfortable during your delivery and confident when bringing your baby home. We offer childbirth education classes to prepare you and your growing family for the birth of your baby. Our class options include:
- Infant CPR—This class teaches expectant parents the basics of performing infant CPR. This class is not a certification course. The cost to participate is $10.
- Baby Care and Breastfeeding Class—This class combines teaching the basics of newborn care and breastfeeding. Topics discussed include burping, swaddling, bathing and diapering. The cost to participate is $20.
- Childbirth Preparation Class—This class helps prepare expectant parents for labor and delivery. Topics discussed include labor, vaginal delivery, C-section delivery, what to pack in your hospital bag, breathing techniques and interventions in labor. The cost to participate is $40.
We provide tours of our maternity unit every two weeks, offering you a chance to become familiar with your environment prior to your hospital stay. The tour is two-hours long and is free to attend. Registration is required to reserve your spot on the tour.
Coming to the hospital for delivery
When you think you are in labor or your water breaks, call your obstetrician immediately. Your doctor will contact our hospital so we may begin preparing for your arrival and delivery.
When you arrive at Plantation General Hospital, you may enter through the main hospital entrance if you are arriving Monday through Friday from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. If you are arriving on a weekend or outside of these hours, please use our emergency room (ER) entrance.
The maternity services department is on the first floor. Upon your arrival, our staff will greet you and escort you to a suite where your labor status will be assessed. It is best to discuss with your obstetrician in advance whom you would like to be present during the delivery. During labor, other family and friends are welcome to wait in our waiting area.
If your child should require extra support or advanced care following birth, don't worry—you are in a hospital with an on-site Level III NICU. Our NICU is staffed with highly trained neonatologists who are available at our facility 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Our NICU includes 31 beds and is a National Gold Certified Safe Sleep Champion recognized by Cribs for Kids®.