Why Deliver Your Baby at Plantation General Hospital?
From the earliest stages of your pregnancy we’re here for you every step of the way to answer your questions, address your concerns and share your excitement. At Plantation General Hospital we understand that for a newborn baby, first impressions are everything. That’s why we are dedicated to providing the most caring and comfortable childbirth experience possible.
Maternity Services at Plantation General Hospital
- 9 labor & delivery rooms, 6 high-risk pregnancy rooms and 17 post-partum private rooms
- Anesthesiologists dedicated to Labor & Delivery Department and available 24/7
- Celebratory dinner offered to new parents
- Board certified lactation consultants provide personalized breast-feeding instruction
- Consult-A-Nurse® is staffed with skilled registered nurses, who are available to answer medical questions day and night or to assist in selecting a pediatrician
- Free Wi-Fi
- Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit staffed by board certified neonatologists and available 24/7
- Maternity classes and tours
- Newborn photographer available
- Online preregistration
- Skin-to-Skin and Rooming-In are encouraged
- OB/GYN on-site for laboring mothers 24/7
Long before delivery, you and your obstetrician should discuss the various anesthesia options available to you during childbirth. Complete anesthesia services are available to you 24-hours a day during your hospital stay.
Level II & III Neonatal Intensive Care services are available should your baby require specialized care. Our neonatologists are in house 24-hours a day.
Lactation Counseling Services
Our certified lactation consultant and lactation counselors are available to support you in your breastfeeding choice.
Mother and Baby Care
In keeping with our philosophy of family-centered maternity care, you and your baby will be rooming in throughout your hospital stay. Our skilled maternity staff will be available to monitor and care for your newborn during those times that you prefer to rest.
Would you like to schedule a tour of our Birthing Suites?
Please call (954) 321-4099 to schedule a tour at your convenience or register online.
We look forward to sharing this magical time with you, and we encourage you to schedule a tour so that you may see what we have to offer.
What to bring to the hospital on your special day:
Because babies have a timetable of their own, we suggest you have an overnight bag packed and ready to go well in advance of your due date. Some of the items you may want to bring include:
- Bed pillows, at least two for comfort
- Music that is soothing to you
- Snacks for support person
- Cards, books, tablets and any other items to pass the time
- Socks, pajamas, robe, slippers
- Focal point for labor
- Hand held massager
- Chargers for phones, camera, electronic items
- Toiletries for mom and support person
- Change of clothes for support person
- Going home clothes for mom and baby
- Reading/writing material
- Watch with 2nd hand clock
- Hand fan
- Lip balm
When it’s time to be admitted
When you think you are in labor or your water breaks, call your obstetrician immediately. He or she will notify us to prepare for your arrival.
When you arrive at the hospital, you may use the main hospital entrance Mon - Fri: 6:00am - 8:00pm, or the Emergency Room entrance after hours.
One of the most important things you should do before your baby's birth is pre-register for your stay at Plantation General Hospital. To facilitate the process, we request that you pre-register prior to your fifth month of pregnancy. You can mail the completed registration form or visit plantationgeneral.com/pre-registration to register online. Once the Pre-Admission Form is completed, you will be asked to sign various consent forms. You are encouraged to notify your insurance carrier that you are pregnant. This gives you an opportunity to familiarize yourself with what your plan covers long before your baby is due.
Call us to learn more about maternity services or receive a free physician referral.