Need more information about delivering at Plantation General Hospital?Call (954) 321-4099
Why Deliver Your Baby at Plantation General Hospital?
From the earliest stages of your pregnancy we’re here for you every step of the way to answer your questions, address your concerns and share your excitement. At Plantation General Hospital we understand that for a newborn baby, first impressions are everything. That’s why we are dedicated to providing the most caring and comfortable childbirth experience possible.
The Maternity Center at Plantation General Hospital is pleased to offer:
- We have an in-house neonatology physician available 24 hours per day and premature baby survival rates well above the national average.
- Oxygen saturation screenings for all newborns
- Pediatric subspecialists and surgeons on staff
- In-house obstetric anesthesia physician 24/7
- Hospital-based lactation consultant
- State-of-the-art labor/delivery/recovery rooms
- Private postpartum suites and deluxe suites
- Free Wi-FI Internet
- Hotel style room service for maternity patients and their families
Baby Health Screenings
At Plantation General Hospital newborn babies are routinely screened for a multitude of conditions and diseases. Within the first 24 hours of birth, we screen all babies for jaundice, hearing and vision problems. Plantation General Hospital was among the first hospitals to offer oxygen saturation screenings.
Endorsed by the American Academy of Pediatrics, the American College of Cardiology Foundation, and the American Heart Association, Plantation General Hospital conducts oxygen saturation testing on all newborns. Abnormal oxygen levels in blood may indicate congenital heart disease, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, or genetic defects. Oxygen saturation testing is an early detection tool to help newborns get the care they need early. If a condition is detected, Plantation General Hospital has pediatric cardiologists, pulmonologists and many specialists on staff all of whom will work together to provide an individualized treatment plan.
We look forward to sharing this magical time with you, and we encourage you to schedule a tour so that you may see what we have to offer.
To register for a tour, call (954) 321-4099 or register online.