To register for a tour, call (954) 321-4099 or register online.
Plantation General Hospital is equipped to successfully care for women having pregnancy complications and their babies. If your obstetrician considers your pregnancy to be at risk, you may be admitted to our Perinatal Unit (PNU). Our Perinatal Unit is managed by a team of perinatologists, neonatologists, radiologist, anesthesiologists, pediatric surgeons and other highly skilled specialists.
A pregnancy is considered high risk when a woman:
- Has a medical condition including genetic disease, chronic disease, chronic infection, brain disorder, heart problems or high blood pressure.
- Is underweight or overweight
- Is younger than 17 or older than 35
- Has had several miscarriages
- Has had preterm labor
- Has had gestational diabetes
- Has had preeclampsia
- Has had difficult births in the past
- Has an abnormality detected during the pregnancy
- Is having twins or triplets
Perinatal Services offered at Plantation General Hospital include:
- Maternal Fetal Medicine Physicians on call 24 hours a day
- Airstrip OB delivers vital patient waveform data, including fetal heartbeat and maternal contraction patterns, in virtual real-time directly from the hospital to a doctor’s smart phone
- 3D and 4D Ultrasounds
- Patient Education TV Channel
- Hotel style room service
- Free Wi-FI Internet
Call (954) 321-4099 for a FREE physician referral or search our physician database.