August 11, 2020
Plantation, FL - Plantation General Hospital announced that it is a recipient of the Healthgrades 2020 Obstetrics and Gynecology Excellence Award™. This achievement recognizes Plantation General Hospital for exceptional care of mothers during and after labor and delivery, as well as care of women undergoing gynecologic procedures. Plantation General Hospital is in the top 5% of hospitals evaluated.
"This excellence award highlights our commitment to delivering exceptional women's care to our patients", said Madeline Nava, Chief Executive officer of Plantation General Hospital. "We are proud that so many women choose our hospital for childbirth and gynecological surgery. We take pride in the care we provide them."
"We congratulate the Healthgrades 2020 Obstetrics and Gynecology Excellence Award recipients for their commitment to providing superior care for the women within their communities," said Brad Bowman, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Healthgrades. "Information regarding hospital quality empowers consumers to take control of their own healthcare and make the right decisions as to where they will seek care."
Healthgrades analyzed patient outcomes data for all patients from 16 individual states for years 2016 through 2018. During this time, if all hospitals in the analysis performed similarly to those that received the Healthgrades 2020 Obstetrics and Gynecology Excellence Award, 141,823 patients with complications could have potentially been avoided.*
Additionally, from 2016 through 2018, patients treated in hospitals receiving the Healthgrades Obstetrics and Gynecology Excellence Award had, on average, a 34% lower risk of experiencing a complication while in the hospital than if they were treated in hospitals that did not receive the Obstetrics and Gynecology Excellence Award*.
For the past six years (2015-2020), Plantation General Hospital earned from Healthgrades the following accolades for OB-GYN care:
- Obstetrics and Gynecology Excellence Award
- Superior Performance in Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Named Among the Top 5% of Hospitals Evaluated for OB-GYN
Plantation General Hospital has also been recognized by Healthgrades for the past six years with the following achievements:
- Labor and Delivery Excellence Award
- Superior Performance in Labor and Delivery
- Named Among the Top 5% of Hospitals Evaluated for Labor and Delivery
- Five-Star Recipient for C-Section Delivery
- Five-Star Recipient for Vaginal Delivery
- Gynecologic Surgery Excellence Award
- Superior Performance in Gynecologic Surgery
- Named Among the Top 10% Evaluated for Gynecologic Surgery
- Five-Star Recipient for Gynecologic Procedures
*Statistics are based on Healthgrades' analysis of all-payer data for years 2016 through 2018 and represent 3-year estimates for patients in 16 states for which all-payer data was made available.