Minimally Invasive Surgery
Laparoscopic surgery, also called minimally invasive surgery is routinely preformed at Plantation General Hospital for a multitude of conditions. In minimally invasive procedures, a surgeon makes one or more incisions, each about a half-inch long, to insert a tube. The number of incisions depends on the type of surgery. The tube or tubes let the doctor slip in tiny video cameras and specially designed surgical instruments to perform the procedure.
Patient Advantages of Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Less blood loss
- Have less postoperative pain
- Fewer and smaller scars
- Faster recovery than you would after open surgery
Common Types of Laparoscopic Surgery:
- Adrenal gland removal
- Balloon Sinuplasty — A catheter with a balloon attached is inserted into the sinuses. The balloon is inflated to open the sinuses passages.
- Biopsy of abdominal organs
- Ectopic pregnancy surgery
- Fibroid tumor removal
- Gallbladder or gallstoneremoval
- Hernia repair
- Lysis of adhesions in abdomen
- Transoral Incisionless Fundoplication (TIF) for heartburn or acid reflux
- Tubal ligation
Find a Doctor Find a Doctor to perform your minimally invasive surgery at Plantation General Hospital
Call 1-888-256-7724 for a FREE physician referral to a surgeon who performs laparoscopic surgery or search our physician database.