When a hurricane is forecast to hit the area within 24 hours, Plantation General Hospital will offer shelter for maternity patients who are 36 weeks pregnant or more, or who have high-risk pregnancies as determined by their physician.
When to Come to the Hospital
Arrive four hours before the storm approaches, a Hurricane Hotline for the hospital will be activated. Please call 954-513-6408 before coming to the hospital. The hotline will be updated as new information on the path of the storm becomes available. Please come to the main lobby for sign in. DO NOT ENTER THROUGH THE ER. The plan is only in effect during the storm, patients will be discharged 4-6 hours after the storm.
Who May Come
What to Bring to the Hospital
- Pillow/sleeping bag/foldout chairs/blankets
- Personal hygiene items
- Change of clothing (including socks)
- Entertainment - books, magazines, games, etc.
- Medication from home. If medication requires refrigeration, bring in personal cooler
- Charged cellular phone
- Battery-operated personal hand held fans